CallMiner Product Innovation Series: December 2022
CallMiner's VP of Product Innovation, Bruce McMahon, shares highlights from the 2022.12 release in his latest product innovation blog.
June 26, 2015
With the proliferation of customer communications channels (voice, email, live chat, social media, etc.), contact centers often find they’re swimming in customer data. The question then becomes: How do companies use all of that data to provide the type of experience that customers are looking to have?
Speech analytics is one solution. A video recently created by one of our clients describes how speech analytics software allows them to look for specific language patterns that influence company metrics, leading to an improved customer experience overall.
As noted by Molly Sollie, manager of quality assurance and voice analytics at Defender Direct, speech analytics helps shine light on customer interactions data. “One of the teams we support currently said, ‘Now, instead of walking into a cave with no flashlight, you just gave us a 5,000-watt bulb.’”
Let’s take a look at the importance and impact of speech analytics software across all areas of the enterprise:
Speech Analytics: Not Just for the Call Center
One of the primary benefits of speech analytics technology is its ability to uncover the root cause of customer concerns or issues, which can result in a host of positive outcomes: improved customer satisfaction, increased sales, etc. But, as noted in a CRM magazine article, only 20% of customer complaints are agent-related – the other 80% stem from product or process issues or misaligned customer expectations.
The quality assurance team at Defender Direct, in fact, works to support all areas of the enterprise, whether specialists are on the phone, in the field, or in the office. After recording customer calls, the team sends the audio files to CallMiner, where our speech analytics software transcribes and analyzes these interactions to identify trends in customer conversations.
The end result? Improved performance across all departments within the organization as well as an enhanced customer experience overall.
A Closer Look at Speech Analytics Throughout the Organization
Let’s say, for example, that speech analytics software has identified that sales campaigns have been falling short of meeting customer expectations. How can the sales department leverage that information to drive more effective campaigns?
For performance marketers, who rely on customer conversations to effectively target and promote marketing programs, identify new sales opportunities, and drive company revenues, speech analytics can be the linchpin to improving agent performance.
With speech technology in place, supervisors receive immediate performance feedback that can help them determine where agents excel and where they may need additional coaching. Having this data in hand allows managers to implement training programs to hone best practices and improve sales effectiveness overall.
But that’s just one example of evangelizing speech analytics capabilities throughout the organization. CRM magazine also notes that many other departments (i.e., legal and compliance, marketing, operations etc.) stand to profit from speech analytics.
In order to realize the full benefits of speech analytics across the enterprise, proactive companies are using the technology for root cause analysis across all departments (sales, marketing, legal, etc.). With customer data growing exponentially, capturing and analyzing critical customer information can be both a strategic asset and a long-term investment in a company’s customer base.
How is your company using speech analytics for improved business results and customer interactions?
Call center metrics, including call tracking metrics, can make improving operations at your contact center much easier to manage. Read this blog for t...
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation analytics to drive business performance improvement. Powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning, CallMiner delivers the industry’s most comprehensive platform to analyze omnichannel customer interactions at scale, allowing organizations to interpret sentiment and identify patterns to reveal deep understanding from every conversation. By connecting the dots between insights and action, CallMiner enables companies to identify areas of opportunity to drive business improvement, growth and transformational change more effectively than ever before. CallMiner is trusted by the world’s leading organizations across retail, financial services, healthcare and insurance, travel and hospitality, and more.