See how we help you translate customer insights into business value.
CallMiner's 2023 CX Landscape Report is here! |Download today
Customer feedback has always been at the center of new product development. Yet traditionally, the tools to collect accurate insights into customers’ mindsets have been extremely limited. From focus groups and user testing to surveys and ethnographic research, customer feedback for product development is usually focused on an extraordinarily small sample of consumers, rather than a comprehensive collection of customers and prospects. Additionally, the customers who are most vocal in these methodologies tend to be extremely satisfied or dissatisfied, drowning out the vast number of customers in between.
The CallMiner Eureka platform provides a better way to develop insight for new product development. Leveraging AI and machine learning, the Eureka conversation intelligence platform captures and analyzes every conversation with customers on calls, email, chat, social media, surveys, and more. By analyzing these interactions at the deepest level, CallMiner Eureka empowers your product development teams with insight and intelligence based on 100% of conversations with customers, rather than a small sample.
Competitive intelligence is essential to every new product development strategy. From automobiles and appliances to smart phones and software product development, a clear understanding of how a product stacks up against competitors is essential for product intelligence, innovation, and improvement.
In the past, developing competitive intelligence has been a costly and time-consuming task. Product teams have had to manually review competitors’ websites, social media, and marketing collateral, or research product pricing, market moves, and acquisitions.
Conversation intelligence technology changes this equation by enabling your product teams to get competitive intelligence directly from your customers. Consumers are quick to offer unsolicited opinions about your products and competitors’ offerings in conversations with contact center agents, through social media, on review sites, and via many other channels. By automatically capturing and analyzing every customer interaction, conversation intelligence technology allows you to mine customer conversations for competitive insights with far greater detail and accuracy – and much lower cost and effort.
As the global leader in conversation intelligence technology, the CallMiner Eureka platform is the industry’s most comprehensive solution for analyzing customer interactions at scale. Trusted by the world’s leading companies in finance, retail, healthcare, travel, and other industries, CallMiner Eureka delivers the intelligence that businesses need to make better decisions and inform product development strategy.
The Eureka platform comprises a collection of solutions that inform new product development with deeper insight into how customers feel about your products as well as your competitors.
• Analyze. As the control center for the Eureka platform, CallMiner Analyze helps product teams discover what matters most to customers by making it easier to automatically capture, analyze, and score 100% of audio and text-based interactions. Omnichannel analytics, AI-driven search, organic discovery, and customer journey mapping deliver rich customer insights that drive product innovation.
• Visualize. With an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, CallMiner Visualize enables your teams to visually explore conversation intelligence data and create shareable presentations that reveal big picture themes and impactful details.
• Coach. Delivering deeper understanding into agent and customer interactions, CallMiner Coach enables contact center supervisors to monitor, understand, and optimize agent performance at scale. Automated scoring, data-based feedback, and progress monitoring help create cultures of improvement and persistent optimization.
• RealTime. To improve the outcomes of conversations, CallMiner RealTime automatically notifies agents or supervisors when a customer is at risk of churn or a conversation is headed in a negative direction. RealTime provides real-time guidance and next-best action suggestions to turn around a potentially negative customer experience and reduce risk for fines or legal action.
• Redact. Protecting customer privacy is easy with CallMiner Redact, a tool that automatically identifies and removes sensitive data from audio and text-based customer conversations.
• Record. A full-featured recorder in CallMiner Record delivers live monitoring and instantaneous playback with features like high-quality stereo to drive improved transcription and analytics.
• Screen Record. Providing greater visibility into every aspect of agent and customer interactions, CallMiner Screen Record empowers agents and managers with robust insight into agent effectiveness.
By capturing and analyzing 100% of customer feedback and interactions across channels, the CallMiner Eureka platform provides an always-on customer focus study that can reveal invaluable insights into opinions about your products and brand – and how you stack up against your competitors.
With CallMiner, your new product development teams can:
• Gain a comprehensive view of competitive strengths, weaknesses, and threats by understanding what customers are actually saying – which may be significantly different than what your product teams are thinking internally.
• Drive product investment by capturing and analyzing insights across channels, including social media, ratings, and review websites.
• Identify competitive strengths and weaknesses from unsolicited feedback in customer conversations.
• Uncover product risks or competitive threats that may not yet be on your radar.
• Develop ideas for new features based on intelligence from competitor mentions in customer conversations, or on what competitors’ customers are revealing on social media about their latest product launches.
• Leverage competitive insight from customer conversations to inform marketing campaigns.
• Improve PXM (product experience management) by mining insight from conversations with contact center agents about customers’ responses to and interactions with your products and services.
The conversation intelligence technology that powers the CallMiner Eureka platform has been developed over two decades of innovation and with the experience of mining billions of hours of customer conversations for insight. Our platform analyzes interactions at the deepest levels, interpreting nuance, identifying patterns, and pinpointing emotions that reveal new areas of opportunity. With CallMiner, companies can make more intelligent decisions, change directions faster, and improve business processes exponentially. With powerful features such as AI-driven search, automated scoring, and real-time and post-call analytics, our platform delivers the clearest view of what matters most to customers.
New product development is the process of bringing a new product to market. The stages of product development typically include researching customer demand and conceptualizing, designing, producing, and marketing newly created or newly re-engineered products.
Customer feedback plays an invaluable role in new product development, providing companies with insight into what products, services, features, and pricing will be attractive to potential customers.
Traditional methods of collecting customer feedback – such as focus groups, surveys, user testing, and monitoring social media and review sites – involve only a small sample of potential customers. This inherently skews or limits the quality of feedback. Conversation intelligence enables product teams to extract insight from 100% of interactions with customers across all channels – phone, email, chat, SMS, surveys, social media, and more. By converting the unstructured information in these exchanges into structured data that can be searched and analyzed, conversation intelligence provides greater and more comprehensive insight into customer opinions about a company’s products and services as well as competitors’ offerings.
CallMiner enables our internal teams to collect omnichannel data for analysis and gain new insights.
User at Health, Wellness and Fitness Enterprise
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence to drive business performance improvement. With the ability to capture and analyze 100% of omnichannel interactions, the CallMiner Eureka platform powers brand and product feedback management to deliver a deeper understanding of customers, enhancing the brand experience and improving product planning and development. With CallMiner’s business intelligence products, teams can monitor brand awareness and brand sentiment in real time to identify drivers of attraction, monitor campaign responses, and compare competitive brand perception. In new product development, CallMiner’s feedback management software delivers insights from customer conversations to drive innovation and improvement in the new product development process. By monitoring and analyzing customer interactions at scale, CallMiner serves as an always-on focus group to optimize the product experience.