See how we help you translate customer insights into business value.
CallMiner's 2023 CX Landscape Report is here! |Download today
Research suggests that a strong majority of patients have had a negative experience with a hospital or healthcare provider. The impact of these experiences can adversely satisfaction and loyalty, causing patients to seek care from other providers. To improve patient retention and ensure competitiveness, healthcare organizations must be laser-focused on understanding and improving the patient experience in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
One of the most effective ways to track the patient experience in healthcare is to monitor and analyze conversations with agents in healthcare contact centers. In these interactions, patients are more likely to share their honest opinion about their experiences and what they need and expect from their healthcare providers.
Mining these conversations for insight into the patient experience in hospitals requires advanced technology for analyzing audio and text-based communications. That’s where conversation intelligence solutions from CallMiner can provide extraordinary value.
Change in the healthcare industry is driven by several trends that significantly impact the patient experience in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
• Consumerism. In today’s healthcare market, patients can quickly and easily find another provider when they’re not satisfied with their patient experience.
• Competition. Healthcare organizations face ever greater competition from digital health startups as well as traditional healthcare competitors, placing greater emphasis on improving patient satisfaction in healthcare.
• Reimbursement models. Value-based reimbursement is often tied to Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) scores, which enable payers to take the patient experience into account when making payments.
• Issues with patient billing. According to Becker Hospital Review, nearly 80% of medical bills contain erroneous charges, leading to rejected claims and billing issues that can create negative experiences for patients.
• Bad debt. One-third of hospitals report over $10 million in bad debt. Enhancing the patient experience in these hospitals is critical to avoiding additional patient churn and reduced reimbursements.
As the global leader in conversation intelligence, CallMiner offers the most comprehensive platform for analyzing omnichannel interactions with patients and customers at scale. The CallMiner Eureka platform analyzes interactions at the deepest level, interpreting nuance and identifying patterns that can help to improve the patient experience in healthcare settings.
CallMiner makes it possible to capture and analyze 100% of patient conversations, transcribing, categorizing, and scoring each conversation to determine the meaning of a speaker’s words and the emotion in their voice. CallMiner works across all channels – phone, chat, email, SMS, social media, web, and others – turning unstructured information in these conversations into structured data that can be analyzed for actionable intelligence.
The CallMiner Eureka platform provides a set of comprehensive solutions that empower healthcare organizations to significantly improve the patient experience in hospitals.
• Automatically analyze conversations across all channels. By capturing and analyzing every conversation with patients – rather than a representative sample – you gain deeper insight into the experiences of your patient base.
• Automatically alert supervisors and agents when certain indicators suggest that a patient needs immediate attention or is at risk of churn. By providing next-best-action guidance, CallMiner can escalate contacts to an appropriate medical professional and help to bring positive resolution to difficult conversations.
• Build a culture of persistent improvement. By making it easier to monitor, understand, and optimize agent performance at scale, Eureka helps to identify performance trends and target behavior for guidance or reinforcement.
• Visualize conversation intelligence data in shareable, easy-to-use reports and presentations that allow you to drill down into the performance of agents and experiences of individual patients.
• Capture better audio for more accurate analytics. Our technology enables high-fidelity, speaker-separated audio to be accurately transcribed in real time for greater accuracy.
• Protect patient privacy and ensure HIPAA compliance by automatically redacting sensitive numeric data and personally identifiable information from audio and text-based conversations.
The CallMiner Eureka platform provides benefits at multiple levels for teams working to improve the patient experience in hospitals.
For patient experience teams, CallMiner aggregates and analyzes unsolicited patient insights to build a more connected patient experience, boosting satisfaction and retention. Unsolicited conversations provide deeper insight that often isn’t captured in sample-based surveys such as CAHPS scores, LeapFrog, or Press Ganey.
For supervisors and agents in healthcare call centers, Eureka optimizes processes at scale and provides real-time and post-call feedback that can improve the performance of agents and their ability to provide more satisfying experiences for customers.
Revenue cycle management (RCM) teams rely on CallMiner to identify billing obstacles, reduce billing friction, and clear up confusion, improving the patient’s billing experience and shortening revenue cycles.
Founded in 2002, the CallMiner Eureka platform is built on expertise developed over 2 decades of innovation and on experience gained through mining more than billions of hours of customer conversations. Today, CallMiner delivers the industry’s most comprehensive platform for analyzing omnichannel customer interactions at scale.
By connecting the dots between insight and action, the CallMiner Eureka platform enables businesses to identify areas of opportunity for driving improvement, growth, and transformational change. That’s why CallMiner is the choice of leading organizations in healthcare, retail, financial services, insurance, travel, hospitality, and other industries.
The patient experience is usually defined as the sum of all interactions a patient has with a healthcare organization. For example, the patient experience in hospitals includes all the points of care delivered during a hospital stay as well as the appointments before and after a hospital visit. Communication around scheduling, filling prescriptions, billing, and follow-up care are also part of the patient experience.
To improve patient acquisition and retention, many organizations are focused on how to improve the patient’s experience in hospitals and other points of care. The first step in this process is to understand how patients feel about each touchpoint on their medical journey and what can be done to improve their experience. To gather this information, many organizations have typically relied on sample-based surveys or manual review of calls in contact centers. But these methods provide insight into only a fraction of patient experiences, and since patients who have extremely positive or negative experiences are most likely to respond, results are often highly polarized. That’s why many organizations have turned to conversation intelligence solutions to capture and analyze 100% of conversations with patients.
Conversation intelligence technology uses AI and machine learning to capture and analyze conversations with patients that take place over the phone and in email, chat, web, social media, SMS, and other channels. A conversation intelligence platform automatically captures, transcribes, categorizes, analyzes, and scores every interaction, converting unstructured information to structured data that can identify patterns and reveal insights. With a conversation intelligence solution, healthcare organizations get a comprehensive understanding of their patient base and how they can address obstacles that may be affecting each patient’s experience in hospitals and other settings.
This is the number one thing we wanted; something automated to understand the patient experience in a faster and more accurate way. Before CallMiner, we were doing patient surveys and manual quality assessments, and that just doesn’t offer the same level of actionable insights.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
CallMiner Eureka is the most comprehensive conversation intelligence platform for analyzing omnichannel interactions at scale. CallMiner analyzes voice and text-based interactions at the deepest levels, providing the insight and intelligence required to improve call center metrics in inbound, outbound, and work-from-home call centers. The Eureka platform serves as superior sales software, monitoring conversations between sales teams and prospects to effectively identify behaviors that drive conversions, improve training, and close more deals. Eureka can also improve the employee experience by analyzing interactions to discover what matters most to workers and – since happy employees are more productive – how to increase worker output. In the healthcare contact center, CallMiner serves as superior patient experience software, providing insights for enhancing patient experiences and improving patient satisfaction.