CallMiner Eureka Platform
Analyze customer interactions at the deepest levels to gain insight.
For healthcare organizations, streamlining patient billing has become a critical aspect of at improving patient satisfaction. In the past, providers have focused on enhancing patient experiences by focusing on care delivery, point-of-service interactions, and other front-and experiences. But a recent report suggested that 7 out of 10 consumers are confused by their medical bills, and more than 90% of consumers have been surprised by charges on a medical bill in the past.
A negative billing experience can leave patients with hard feelings, even if they’ve had a positive experience with a provider in other area of care. This fact makes it critical for organizations working at improving patient satisfaction in healthcare to identify areas of confusion around billing and take steps to better serve patient needs.
CallMiner can help. The CallMiner Eureka conversation intelligence platform captures and analyzes patient conversations in medical or health insurance call centers to help uncover issues and resolve problems around patient billing and other aspects of patient service.
Patients may encounter several obstacles when it comes to billing matters. Common difficulties include:
• A one-size-fits-all approach. Patients have a variety of preferences when it comes to billing. Some patients prefer paper bills while others are fine with electronic communications. Some like to pay by check while others prefer credit cards. Providers that offer only limited options for billing will find it hard to please most patients.
• Errors. Nearly 80% of medical bills contain errors, according to Becker Hospital Review. This makes it hard for patients to trust that bills are accurate and may lead to delays in payment.
• Lack of transparency. Patients are frequently unhappy about a lack of transparency in pricing, especially when they are personally responsible for paying more significant bills.
Because a positive clinical experience can be wiped out by a poor financial experience, healthcare organizations are under great pressure to make patient billing easier to understand and to remove any friction from the payment process.
CallMiner Eureka uses conversation intelligence to capture and analyze 100% of interactions with patients within a healthcare contact center. Eureka can analyze both voice interactions and text-based communications in email, chat, SMS, web, social media, medical portals, and other channels.
Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, CallMiner determines the meaning of a conversation as well as the emotional drivers that cause a patient to initiate contact. By converting the unstructured information in patient conversations into structured data that can be searched and analyzed, CallMiner empowers organizations to gain a deeper understanding of patients’ needs, expectations, and experiences with patient billing and other aspects of their healthcare journey.
With clear insight into patients’ experiences, healthcare organizations can:
• Identify gaps and points of confusion in the patient billing process, tracking, and learning from successful interactions to improve ease of paying, create greater transparency, manage patient expectations, and improve payment outcomes.
• Enhance the performance of contact center agents with real-time automated scoring and next-best-action guidance during calls. These measures can help agents to resolve customer complaints and issues favorably, eliminating friction in the patient billing process. CallMiner can also quickly and effectively identify patient conversations that should be escalated to a supervisor for more effective resolution.
• Optimize the patient billing process by identifying areas for improvement, increasing first call resolution, and offering more convenient patient self-service options.
• Identify patients at risk of churn as well as those who need additional support during the patient journey, from appointment to payment.
The CallMiner Eureka platform provides solutions that simplify patient billing by:
• Analyzing all patient interactions across every channel. Eureka accurately converts the voice of patients and agents into insight with unique categorization that resolves intent and sentiment from ambiguous language.
• Using real-time guidance to resolve difficult issues or escalate calls. Eureka automatically alerts agents and supervisors when indicators suggest a patient is at risk of churn.
• Visually explore conversation intelligence data. With Eureka, you can create shareable presentations that demand attention and provide both the big picture and the most impactful details.
• Creating a persistent culture of improvement. Eureka enables supervisors to monitor, understand, and optimize agent performance at scale while providing real-time and post-call guidance that drives agent improvement.
• Enable more accurate speech analytics. Eureka enables high-fidelity, speaker-separated audio to be accurately transcribed in real time.
• Automatically redact sensitive information. Eureka can automatically identify and redact personally identifiable information and sensitive numeric data from audio and text-based customer conversations to protect patient privacy and comply with regulations such as HIPAA.
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence technology, providing the industry’s most comprehensive platform for analyzing omnichannel interactions at scale. No other platform delivers more customizable solutions or deeper understanding to drive better business outcomes and business performance improvement.
Our technology is built on innovation that spans 2 decades and billions of hours of customer conversations mined for insight. By interpreting nuance, determining patterns, and identifying traits, CallMiner enables companies to connect the dots between insight and action to drive growth and transformational change more effectively.
With business development solutions and technology that enhances sales effectiveness, performance management, and contact center efficiency, CallMiner is trusted by the world’s leading companies in industries that include healthcare, retail, financial services, insurance, travel, hospitality, and others.
Medical billing is a frequent source of frustration for patients. Medical bills often contain errors that cause confusion for patients and may delay their attempts at payment. Patients may receive multiple bills for the same service when various practitioners involved in treatment send invoices separately. A lack of pricing transparency is a source of irritation for patients, often causing them to have a negative opinion of their experience with a healthcare organization.
Conversation intelligence is a technology that uses AI and machine learning to analyze the meaning and emotion of a conversation. In healthcare, conversation intelligence is frequently used in medical or insurance call centers to analyze conversations with patients to glean insight into their needs and expectations.
By transforming the unstructured information in voice interactions or text-based communications into structured data that can be analyzed and aggregated, conversation intelligence allows healthcare organizations to mine patient conversations for a deeper understanding of the patient experience. With this information, organizations can take steps to improve experiences and enhance patient satisfaction.
CallMiner helps us ensure our patients aren’t encountering unnecessary hurdles and are getting what they need.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic