See how we help you translate customer insights into business value.
CallMiner's 2023 CX Landscape Report is here! |Download today
Medical call centers can play an invaluable role for healthcare organizations today. The healthcare landscape is changing rapidly as trends like value-based reimbursement and consumerism create new challenges and opportunities. At a time when patients have more options than ever before, medical call centers can help to attract and retain patients by improving patient experiences and increasing patient satisfaction.
Time spent with medical providers is only a small portion of a patient’s healthcare experience. Many of their interactions take place outside the doctor’s office or hospital as patients seek help with scheduling appointments, refilling prescriptions, managing billing, and communicating about plans of care. By ensuring that these interactions are as positive and successful as possible, healthcare contact center agents can help to deliver better overall experiences for patients. And by using conversation intelligence to mine patient interactions for actionable intelligence, medical call centers allow organizations to better understand their patients’ needs and meet their expectations. That’s where CallMiner can help.
Conversation intelligence uses AI and machine learning to determine the meaning of a voice or text-based interaction with the patient as well as the emotion that may be driving the patient’s behavior. By converting the unstructured information in phone calls, chat, email, and other communications into structured data, a conversation intelligence platform like CallMiner delivers deeper insight into the needs, expectations, and opinions of individual patients as well as entire patient base.
Armed with this data, organizations can develop real-time insight for enhancing patient experiences and improving patient satisfaction in healthcare settings. Patient engagement teams can identify obstacles to delivering exceptional patient experiences and take swift action to remediate them. Medical call center managers can monitor the performance of agents as they interact with patients, providing real-time and post-call feedback to improve the outcome of interactions. Revenue cycle management teams can identify and eliminate billing friction to shorten cash flow cycles. And organizations can take dramatic steps to improve business performance.
CallMiner Eureka offers the industry’s most comprehensive platform for enhancing the patient experience in hospitals, at doctors’ offices, and with medical call centers. As the global leader in conversation intelligence, CallMiner makes it possible to capture and analyze 100% of patient conversations via phone, email, chat, SMS, web, social media, and medical portals. By analyzing these interactions at the deepest level, CallMiner helps to identify patterns and reveal insights that illuminate areas of opportunity and deliver a clearer understanding of the needs, opinions, and expectations of patients.
With CallMiner Eureka, medical call centers can:
• Drive greater patient satisfaction by prioritizing patient experiences, discovering patient trends, and delivering better experiences.
• Lower the risk of compliance issues by scoring every patient interaction to identify potential compliance risks and providing agents with next-best-action guidance to meet compliance requirements in real time.
• Enhance efficiency by identifying the drivers of communication problems, billing issues, wait times, and other factors that can drain staff productivity and contribute to patient dissatisfaction.
• Improve cash flow by identifying and remediating confusion and friction in medical billing to achieve more effective revenue cycle management.
• Build greater patient awareness with real-time insight into patients’ needs, rather than relying on sample-based surveys or manual call listening methods.
• Address immediate medical needs by automatically identifying patients who may be in medical distress and escalating interactions to the appropriate healthcare provider.
• Strengthen the performance of agents in medical call centers with automated, real-time feedback and more consistent coaching from supervisors.
• Drive call center efficiency with insights that can improve call routing, optimize call flow, reduce silence, and increase first call resolution.
The CallMiner Eureka platform offers a set of solutions that enable medical call centers to drive business performance, improve patient experiences, and enhance patient satisfaction. With CallMiner, healthcare organizations can:
• Discover what matters most to patients with omnichannel conversation intelligence. CallMiner Analyze automatically scores performance, tags transcriptions with sentiment and emotion, and delivers actionable insight for improving patient experiences.
• Create a culture of persistent optimization and improvement with tools for monitoring, understanding, and optimizing agent performance at scale. CallMiner Coach enable supervisors to identify performance trends, target behavior for guidance or reinforcement, and provide agents with guidance and annotated call examples.
• Drive better outcomes while reducing risk in real time. CallMiner Alert provides agents with next-best-action guidance that can turn around a potentially negative patient experience while reducing risk for fines or legal action. CallMiner can also immediately escalate conversations with patients in medical distress to the appropriate healthcare provider.
• Securely record customer interactions with high-quality, speaker-separated audio to improve the accuracy of transcriptions and analysis. CallMiner Capture encrypts conversations for greater security and provides an always-open API to integrate easily across platforms.
• Connect the dots between insight and action with interactive presentations that reveal big picture themes while also enabling users to drill down into the detail of a single agent or customer.
• Automatically identify and remove sensitive numeric data and personally identifiable information to ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence technology for driving business performance improvement. Many of the world’s leading organizations in financial services, insurance, retail, travel, and healthcare rely on our technology to analyze omnichannel customer interactions at scale. Whether deployed as medical call center software, as a marketing effectiveness application, as business development software, or as a sales conversion analytics solution, CallMiner Eureka enables organizations to connect the dots between insight and action to drive business improvement, growth, and transformational change.
The CallMiner platform is built on expertise developed over 2 decades of innovating technology and mining billions of hours of customer conversations. With turnkey integrations and automation, the Eureka platform delivers insights that matter most, faster than any other solution on the market. By revealing insight from customer interactions at scale, CallMiner Eureka delivers the intelligence that organizations need to make better business decisions.
A medical call center is a department or an organization that serves as a communications center for a healthcare organization. Medical call center agents may interact with patients about matters related to scheduling, billing, prescription refills, and care coordination, as well as answering questions and helping to resolve issues or problems.
Conversation intelligence is a technology that uses AI and machine learning to derive meaning and insight from the interactions between an organization and its customers, employees, and other audiences. A conversation intelligence platform transforms the unstructured data in calls, emails, chat, and other forms of communication into structured data that can be analyzed for insight and actionable intelligence. By capturing and analyzing omnichannel interactions with customers, conversation intelligence provides a clear view into customers’ needs, expectations, and opinions as well as the emotion that drives their behavior.
By capturing and analyzing conversations with patients in medical call centers, a conversation intelligence platform like CallMiner Eureka can help healthcare organizations to better understand what patients need from their interactions with healthcare providers and payers as well as their expectations for the services they receive. With this data, organizations can take action to improve patient experiences and increase satisfaction, ultimately improving patient retention and enhancing patient outcomes.
CallMiner lets us enable our agents with real-time guidance to draw attention to what’s actually happening. This helps us encourage and drive active listening skills, while also guiding the agent to take appropriate action.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
CallMiner Eureka is the most comprehensive conversation intelligence platform for analyzing omnichannel interactions at scale. CallMiner analyzes voice and text-based interactions at the deepest levels, providing the insight and intelligence required to improve call center metrics in inbound, outbound, and work-from-home call centers. The Eureka platform serves as superior sales software, monitoring conversations between sales teams and prospects to effectively identify behaviors that drive conversions, improve training, and close more deals. Eureka can also improve the employee experience by analyzing interactions to discover what matters most to workers and – since happy employees are more productive – how to increase worker output. In the healthcare contact center, CallMiner serves as superior patient experience software, providing insights for enhancing patient experiences and improving patient satisfaction.