See how we help you translate customer insights into business value.
CallMiner's 2023 CX Landscape Report is here! |Download today
In a healthcare landscape that is highly competitive and rapidly evolving, the patient experience in hospitals is a critical point of differentiation. Patients today have more choice than ever before about where to seek care, and negative patient experiences can adversely impact patient retention and referrals.
As hospitals work at improving patient satisfaction, the hospital call center can be an invaluable resource in delivering exceptional services and gaining insight into the needs and expectations of patients. Hospital call centers are involved in communications throughout the patient journey as agents help with scheduling, billing, refilling prescriptions, and coordinating follow-up care. With the right patient experience software, hospital call centers make these interactions as helpful and efficient as possible, driving greater patient satisfaction. Call centers can also analyze conversations to gain deeper insight into patients’ concerns, opinions, and expectations.
The CallMiner Eureka platform provides conversation intelligence technology that enables hospital call centers to easily achieve both objectives – and much more.
Conversation intelligence is a technology that leverages AI and machine learning to capture, analyze, and reveal deep insights from conversations between patients and agents in a health care call center. CallMiner’s conversation intelligence solution automatically analyzes and scores 100% of conversations with patients across all channels – phone, chat, email, web, SMS, social media, and medical portals. For voice conversations, CallMiner Eureka’s speech-to-text engine determines both the meaning of the words in a conversation and the emotion with which they are spoken, revealing greater insight into the drivers of patients’ behavior and needs.
With these insights gained through the hospital call center, healthcare organizations can better understand patients’ expectations for their care experiences and take steps to improve patient satisfaction. Conversation intelligence can also help to improve the performance of agents with real-time feedback and next-best-action suggestions. And with analytics that reveal areas for opportunities for improvement in operations, conversation intelligence can also drive greater efficiency and reduce costs in the call center.
Offering the most comprehensive platform for analyzing omnichannel customer interactions at scale, CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence that drives business performance improvement. No other platform delivers more customizable solutions or deeper customer understanding that can transform business outcomes. In hospital call centers, CallMiner Eureka analyzes interactions at the deepest levels to interpret nuance and identify patterns that reveal new areas of opportunity for improving patient experiences and driving patient satisfaction.
Elements of the Eureka platform include:
• Analyze. As mission control for conversation intelligence, CallMiner Analyze is a customizable dashboard that makes it easier to automatically score 100% of interactions across all channels. Analyze transcribes speaker-separated text, categorizes content, and scores each conversation with automated metrics that track performance and emotion across the patient journey.
• RealTime. To improve agent performance and the outcomes of interactions, CallMiner RealTime automatically notifies agents or supervisors when indicators suggest a patient is at risk of churn or needs immediate medical attention.
• Coach. CallMiner Coach enhances hospital call center performance by empowering supervisors to focus on areas that will drive improvement in agent performance and customer experiences. Coach reveals behavioral insight for every voice and text-based interaction and enables supervisors to identify trends, target behavior for guidance or reinforcement, and build a culture of improvement within the call center.
• Visualize. To help organizations gain greater insight from data, CallMiner Visualize makes it easy to explore analytics data visually through shareable presentations. Visualize reveals both the big picture as well as the details of agent performance, customer behavior, process challenges, and other root cause indicators.
• Redact. CallMiner Redact helps protect patient privacy and compliance with HIPAA regulations by automatically removing sensitive data and personally identifiable information from transcript text.
With the CallMiner Eureka conversation intelligence platform, hospital call centers can:
• Analyze all patient interactions. CallMiner makes it easy to capture and analyze 100% of structured and unstructured interactions wherever they occur, across all channels, at scale.
• Deliver better experiences every time. CallMiner’s conversation intelligence extracts meaningful insights from unstructured data in real time to deliver in-the-moment feedback, next-best-action guidance, and agent intervention.
• Align the business around patients. CallMiner can uncover insights that reveal patients’ expectations, needs, and desires, driving change that revolutionizes how patients perceive the healthcare organization.
• Lower compliance risk. Automatic redaction ensures sensitive information in calls is protected, while automatic compliance monitoring can alert supervisors of potential infractions for coaching and performance improvement.
• Improve revenue cycle management. Mining patient conversations can help identify and eliminate confusion and friction around billing to improve cash flow.
CallMiner is trusted by the world’s leading organizations in a wide range of industries – from healthcare, financial services, and insurance to travel, hospitality, and retail – who deploy the Eureka platform as a solution for customer experience software, marketing effectiveness solution, sales conversion analytics, and sales intelligence software. With technology developed over 2 decades of innovation and through billions of hours of customer conversations, the CallMiner Eureka platform reveals meaningful insight from patient interactions at scale to help healthcare organizations make better business decisions and adhere to healthcare call center best practices.
To provide faster time-to-value, CallMiner offers turnkey integrations and value-added benefits that include:
• Solution Catalogue. Pre-built analytics content enables organizations to automatically mine critical insights for specific business use cases while minimizing time and effort.
• Playbooks. CallMiner provides step-by-step guides that help to maximize return on investment.
• Language Packs. The Eureka platform offers support for transcription, redaction, and speech analysis in multiple languages.
• Speaker Separation. Technology for converting mono to stereo audio allows analytics to be parsed by customer and agent speakers more accurately and easily.
• Accelerator. Analysts can reduce their learning curve with an intensive, personalized training program.
• CallMiner Customer Connect. An enthusiastic CallMiner user community provides crowdsourced support and innovation.
A hospital call center is a department or an organization that’s dedicated to inbound or outbound communication, assisting patients with scheduling appointments, following up on plans of care, resolving billing matters, facilitating prescription refills, and other actions that are central to a patient’s healthcare experience.
Conversation intelligence is an AI-driven technology for capturing, transcribing, analyzing, and scoring voice or text-based interactions to glean insight and actionable intelligence. Conversation intelligence can determine both the meaning of a conversation as well as the emotion in a speaker’s voice. By converting unstructured information and conversations into structured data that can be aggregated, analyzed, and searched, conversation intelligence enables organizations to better understand the needs, behavior, and expectations of customers.
Hospital call centers rely on conversation intelligence to track the patient experience, understand patients’ needs, and drive greater patient satisfaction. Conversation intelligence can also help call centers to identify areas for improvement, driving efficiency, enhancing agent performance, and strengthening call center metrics.
This is the number one thing we wanted; something automated to understand the patient experience in a faster and more accurate way. Before CallMiner, we were doing patient surveys and manual quality assessments, and that just doesn’t offer the same level of actionable insights.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
CallMiner is the global leader in conversation intelligence that drives business improvement. Offering industry-leading on-premise and cloud call center software, the CallMiner Eureka conversation intelligence platform captures and analyzes 100% of conversations across all channels, driving business performance improvement and increasing the performance of call center employees. As a conversation intelligence platform for sales teams, CallMiner serves as an effective business development solution, gleaning insight from conversations between reps and prospects to drive conversions, improve training, and boost revenue. By monitoring interactions with employees, CallMiner can reveal the key drivers of employee happiness to improve satisfaction, engagement, and retention. And since a happy employee is a productive employee, CallMiner can help organizations drive business growth as well. In the healthcare call center or contact center for healthcare insurance, CallMiner can help to deliver better patient service to enhance patient satisfaction and improve the patient experience.