CallMiner Eureka Platform
Analyze customer interactions at the deepest levels to gain insight.
Many healthcare organizations today are adopting call center technology to improve the patient experience and enhance operational efficiency. By centralizing patient interactions, healthcare call centers help providers to manage critical communications, streamline scheduling, simplify revenue cycle management (RCM), address questions and needs, and improve the overall experience of patients more efficiently.
Conversation intelligence can be invaluable in these efforts. By automatically capturing and analyzing patient interactions, conversation intelligence lets organizations extract meaningful insights from phone calls, emails, chat bots, portals, and other points of contact between the organization and patient. These insights deliver a better understanding of the patient base as well as individual patient’s needs and opinions, providing healthcare call center managers with the intelligence they need to optimize performance and offer a better patient experience journey.
When powered by the right technology, health care call centers can help organizations navigate significant trends that are transforming the healthcare industry and the patient experience.
• Increased consumerism. Patients today have more agency in their healthcare journeys than ever before.
• Competition. Providers face increasing competition from traditional organizations and digital health startups.
• New reimbursement models. Value-based reimbursement models tie reimbursement to the quality of outcomes and the patient experience. • Billing errors. For patients, a positive clinical experience can be wiped out by a poor financial experience.
• Bad debt. With one-third of hospitals reporting over $10 million in bad debt, organizations are under pressure to minimize negative experiences that can lead to reduced reimbursement and patient churn.
In response to these trends, many organizations are turning to healthcare contact centers and portals to improve communication, enhance care, and deliver a better patient experience. When managed well, call centers can help enhance patient retention, streamline reimbursement, and improve new patient acquisition.
CallMiner offers an industry-leading conversation intelligence platform that can help healthcare call centers improve operational efficiency, enhance communication with patients, and drive improvement throughout the organization.
CallMiner Eureka makes it possible to capture and analyze 100% of patient conversations conducted via phone, chat, email, social media, web, survey, and SMS. By analyzing these interactions at the deepest levels, our Eureka platform helps uncover insights that can lead to better patient conversations, greater agent performance, and improved medical call center metrics.
Eureka captures the unstructured information in patient communications and converts it to structured data that can be easily searched and analyzed. Our platform marries all the data from each patient interaction into a single view that promotes greater understanding of conversations both in the moment and in post-interaction analysis. With these insights from the healthcare call center, organizations can make measurable improvement in communications that can enhance the patient experience, increase patient satisfaction, and improve healthcare outcomes.
With CallMiner, healthcare call centers can:
• Understand the needs of patients and develop services, processes, and policies that make it easier to deliver superior experiences.
• Measure patient emotion and identify at-risk patients in real-time.
• Identify agents who deliver the best patient experiences to improve training across the entire agent base.
• Accelerate revenue cycle management by providing next-best guidance to agents during interactions.
• Effectively identify conversations that should be escalated to a supervisor.
• Identify patients who need additional support on their journey from appointment to payment.
• Comply with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements to reduce or eliminate fines.
• Automatically transcribe and score every interaction to identify potential compliance risk.
CallMiner Eureka delivers all the tools required to capture and analyze conversations with patients across all channels.
• Analyze. As the central dashboard of the Eureka platform, Analyze uses machine learning algorithms to automatically transcribe, classify, analyze, and score interactions with patients. Analyze also uses sentiment and emotion analysis to reveal deeper insight into the behavior and needs of patients.
• Coach. This technology allows supervisors to better monitor, understand, and optimize agent performance at scale. With deep insight into agent and customer interactions, supervisors can monitor performance trends, identify behavior for guidance or reinforcement, and create a persistent culture of improvement.
• Alert. To drive better outcomes, Alert notifies agents or supervisors when the emotion or content of a conversation suggests that the patient is at risk of churn. Alert issues next-best-action guidance that allows agents and supervisors to proactively take steps to resolve the conversation positively.
• Capture. This technology enables high-fidelity, speaker-separated audio to be automatically and accurately transcribed and redacted in real time.
• Visualize. CallMiner Visualize allows organizations to visually explore conversation intelligence data and create attention-grabbing presentations. Drill-down details can reveal insights based on customer behaviors, agent performance, process challenges, and other root cause indicators.
• Redact. To ensure compliance with HIPAA and other regulations, Redact automatically removes private healthcare data and personally identifiable information in transcribed conversations.
• Integrations. CallMiner provides powerful APIs and connectors that bring data from sources throughout the organization into the Eureka platform for analysis.
A healthcare call center is a department or organization where agents handle inbound and outbound communication with patients and providers. Healthcare call centers may handle communication around patient care, scheduling, prescription refills, billing, and other healthcare matters. Call centers are not just limited to phone calls but may also engage with patients via email, text, social media, chat bots, and other channels.
Conversation intelligence platforms use natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence, and machine learning algorithms to analyze conversations with customers. By converting the unstructured information in conversations into structured data that can be searched and analyzed, conversation intelligence can help companies to better understand customers’ behavior, opinions, needs, and preferences. This insight can lead to better customer experiences, increased conversions, and measurable business improvement that drives greater revenue.
By deploying conversation intelligence, healthcare call centers can dramatically improve an organization’s understanding of patients’ needs, leading to actions that can enhance the patient experience, increase patient satisfaction, drive patient retention, and improve quality of care. Conversation intelligence can also help healthcare call centers to optimize the performance of agents to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
CallMiner lets us enable our agents with real-time guidance to draw attention to what’s actually happening. This helps us encourage and drive active listening skills, while also guiding the agent to take appropriate action.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic