See how we help you translate customer insights into business value.
CallMiner's 2023 CX Landscape Report is here! |Download today
To remain competitive, healthcare organizations large and small are focused on delivering patient experiences that satisfy patients and meet their expectations. While patient experiences will always include traditional points of care in hospitals and doctors’ offices, much of the patient experience today is a digital one. Patients use digital tools to choose a doctor, research symptoms, schedule appointments, manage post-care follow-up, handle billing, and interact with a variety of providers. To impress and retain patients, healthcare organizations must deliver a superior digital patient experience.
The medical call center is central to this digital revolution in healthcare. Call center agents may be involved in all aspects of the digital patient experience, communicating via phone, email, chat, SMS, medical portals, and other channels. By measuring and improving the quality of these interactions with patients, healthcare organizations can make enormous strides in delivering the kind of service that patients expect. That’s where CallMiner can help – with the leading conversation intelligence platform for analyzing omnichannel patient interactions at scale.
When designing and refining digital patient experiences, healthcare organizations must know how satisfied patients are with the services provided through their healthcare contact center. Traditional measures of patient satisfaction are inadequate, sampling only a fraction of respondents and receiving responses that are typically highly polarized.
A conversation intelligence platform offers a more effective tool for managing digital patient experiences. Conversation intelligence uses AI and machine learning to determine the meaning of a speaker’s words and the emotions that drive them, converting unstructured information in conversations into structured data that can be searched and analyzed. Rather than reviewing a small portion of interactions, conversation intelligence technology enables companies to capture and analyze 100% of conversations to reveal insights that drive better outcomes. Conversation intelligence can provide post-call insight into areas of opportunity. But it can also provide real-time feedback and next-best-action guidance to help improve agent performance and increase the quality of digital patient experiences.
As the global leader in conversation intelligence, CallMiner delivers the industry’s most comprehensive platform for capturing and analyzing patient conversations. The CallMiner Eureka conversation intelligence platform analyzes every voice and text-based interaction at the deepest levels, using automated performance scoring, emotion metrics, and AI-driven topic discovery to drive action and improvement within and beyond the healthcare contact center.
CallMiner Eureka makes it possible to capture, transcribe, categorize, analyze, and score every patient interaction on every channel. As a result, healthcare organizations can rely on CallMiner to provide a more accurate and insightful view of patients’ needs, wants, opinions, and feelings about the digital patient experience. By connecting the dots between this insight and the action needed to create improvement, CallMiner is instrumental in helping organizations to compete on patient experience and satisfaction.
When deployed as patient experience software, the CallMiner Eureka platform enables healthcare organizations to:
• Deliver more connected patient experiences by proactively identifying issues without relying on solicited, sample-based feedback.
• Enhance patient satisfaction by uncovering the drivers of sentiment to better serve patients and increase self-service options.
• Improve the quality of care by automatically monitoring interactions and using real-time alerts to route, triage, and escalate interactions when needed.
• Increase efficiency by using insights to improve call routing, optimize call flow, reduce silence, and increase first contact resolution.
• Drive better agent performance with automated feedback for performance improvement and insights that help improve processes and policies.
Our Eureka platform offers comprehensive solutions for improving the digital patient experience and driving business performance improvement.
• Analyze is the mission control center for conversation intelligence in the CallMiner platform. Analyze transcribes, categorizes, analyzes, and scores every conversation with automated metrics that track performance and emotion throughout the customer journey.
• Alert provides next-best-action guidance for agents and supervisors when certain indicators suggest a patient is at risk of churn or needs immediate medical assistance.
• Coach improves agent performance and enhances the customer experience by making it easier to monitor, understand, and optimize agent performance at scale. Supervisors can identify performance trends, target agent actions for guidance or reinforcement, and create a persistent culture of improvement.
• Capture makes it possible to capture high-fidelity, speaker-separated audio for more accurate transcription.
• Visualize provides an interactive, easy-to-use interface for exploring data visually. Visualize enhances audio evidence with graphic presentations that are easy to customize and annotate, providing drill-down details to reveal insights based on patient behavior, agent performance, and process challenges.
• Redact automatically identifies and removes sensitive numeric data and personally identifiable information from audio and text-based conversations to protect patient privacy and ensure compliance with regulations like HIPAA.
Founded in 2002, CallMiner has become the global leader in conversation intelligence that drives business performance improvement. As the industry’s most comprehensive platform for analyzing omnichannel customer interactions at scale, our technology is built on 2 decades of innovation and experience developed from mining billions of hours of customer conversations.
The world’s leading organizations in industries such as healthcare, finance, retail, insurance, travel, and hospitality rely on CallMiner Eureka to drive enterprise-wide value by capturing and analyzing 100% of customer conversations. For our customers, the Eureka platform is:
• Trusted. CallMiner Eureka delivers source-of-truth confidence through rich behavioral insight based on what was expressed and how it was said.
• Secure. CallMiner automatically redacts sensitive data within a PCI-certified hosted model to ensure omnichannel security for every organization.
• Actionable. CallMiner bridges the insight-to-action gap with real-time and post-interaction automated scoring, frontline coaching, and organization awareness.
The digital patient experience is the sum of all the digital or online interactions that patients have with a healthcare organization. This can include everything from virtual medical appointments to email communications around scheduling and billing to medical portals that provide health information, organize a patient’s records, and track all aspects of the patient’s medical journey. To improve patient acquisition and retention, many healthcare organizations today have focused on improving the quality of the digital patient experience.
To enhance the digital patient experience, healthcare organizations must first understand how patients feel about their interactions with the organization and how well each point of communication serves their needs. With this insight, organizations can take measurable steps to improve patient experience at every digital touchpoint.
Conversation intelligence is a technology that’s typically used in a health care call center to capture, transcribe, categorize, analyze, and score every interaction with a patient or customer. Using AI and machine learning, a conversation intelligence platform converts the unstructured information in patient interactions into structured data that can be searched and analyzed to reveal insight into a patient’s needs, wants, opinions, and feelings about an organization.
This is the number one thing we wanted; something automated to understand the patient experience in a faster and more accurate way. Before CallMiner, we were doing patient surveys and manual quality assessments, and that just doesn’t offer the same level of actionable insights.
Contact Center Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
The CallMiner conversation intelligence platform provides contact centers and organizations with the ability to capture and analyze 100% of conversations across all channels. The insights gleaned from analyzing interactions with customers, employees, patients, and other audiences offer tremendous benefits that drive business improvement and growth. In the sales call center, CallMiner’s sales intelligence software provides deeper insight into the mindsets of prospects and customers, helping to drive conversions and identify optimal selling behavior. For organizations that understand that happy employees mean happy customers, CallMiner can analyze interactions with employees to understand the key drivers of employee happiness and how to improve engagement, leading to better customer experiences. By monitoring the behavior and performance of call center representatives, CallMiner helps to improve training and coaching opportunities and build a culture of improvement. And in the health care call center, CallMiner can provide insight into the patient experience journey, supporting initiatives for adopting healthcare call center best practices and improving patient experiences.