Location: Fort Myers, FL
Our platform team is looking to add another engineer to our number. We are looking for someone with a strong background in software architecture, object-oriented software development, and systems engineering. Our stack is composed primarily Microsoft and .NET, so experience and comfort working in that platform is highly desirable.
- Provide deep technical analysis on new initiatives.
- Work with product managers to define work for development teams.
- Build prototypes to prove the effectiveness of technology choices made in new product areas.
- Provide designs and technical documentation from which implementation teams can work.
- Provide guidance on standards and best practices to our software development teams.
- Build and curate frameworks and foundational code which is consumed by our development teams.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience designing and building complex and scalable software systems.
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of enterprise architectural patterns.
- Strong object-oriented programming experience and skills.
- Experience and proficiency in modeling data and building properly layered software.
- Ability to produce cogent technical diagrams from high-level business and technology requirements. This includes:
- UML use cases
- Data models
- System diagrams
- Data flow diagrams
- Expertise in building professional, public-facing APIs.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing microservice architectures.
- Experience using messaging platforms (such as RabbitMq) to build high-volume, low latency job management systems.
- Proficiency in any or all of these areas of the technology stack outside of the software layer:
- Security standards
- Network communication protocols
- Relational database design and administration
- Ability to understand and foresee the business and technological impacts of architectural decisions.
- A passion for technology, and a commitment to learning and self-improvement outside of regular job duties.