Business Development Specialist
Location: Waltham, MA
This position, a key role in the fast-growing CallMiner sales team, is focused on creating highly qualified opportunities for our field sales directors. Responsibilities include following up on inbound leads from webinars, tradeshows, and website visitors; cold calling targeted accounts; participating in presentations via the web; and occasionally attending tradeshows. The ideal candidate has degree in business, sales, or marketing or equivalent training in business or sales experience in the software industry more specifically SaaS.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Following up with inbound leads
- Developing (with assigned directors) a prospecting/development plan
- Formulating effective voice mail and email messaging
- Understanding and being able to articulate our value proposition
- Willingness to prospect in whatever way you need to, to produce opportunities
- Be able to make 50+ calls a day to prospects.
- Working closely with marketing to understand how things work and what we need to do to make things better
- Work well in a team and fast paced environment
- Experience with web applications such as Microsoft Office/Exchange, SalesForce and LinkedIn
- Call Center, speech recognition, or analytics technology experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing or equivalent training in business or sales experience in the software industry more specifically SaaS.
- Demonstrated ability to perform cold and warm calling techniques.
- Ability to triage leads as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people successfully over the phone, to lead or persuade, overcome challenges or organize activity
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Ability to take direction, be coached, and mentored
- Strong presence and interpersonal skills
- You must have 2+ years inside sales and/or lead generation experience, preferably in the software industry.
Principals Only Please!
CallMiner is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. m/f/dv